Please address all inquiries and resumes to Job by Wednesday, October 14, 2015 by 5pm.
Job Title: Homeless Services Coordinator
Responsible To: Director, Social Services and Education
Position Type: Full time, non-exempt
Basic Description: Conduct intake and assessment and provide services to customers and clients, which may include ongoing assessment of program eligibility, monitoring of files, data collection, measuring and determination of successful completion or termination of services, and information and referral. This position is based at the Fort Myers Campus but may include periodic outreach and out-posting at Community Cooperative locations throughout Lee County.
· Provide needs assessment to those seeking services and assistance.
· Contact and build rapport with individuals in need.
- Assist individuals in meeting basic life needs.
- Provide referral and follow up services to individuals.
- Identify barriers to implementation of services and recommend solutions.
- Partner with community and government agencies and participate in programs to provide adequate services for individuals in need.
- Work cooperatively and constructively with internal staff.
- Assist in Food Stamp, Medicaid, or Housing applications.
- Plan and participate in community relations activities.
- Serve as a liaison between homeless customers and the Department of Social Services and Education and other partner agencies.
- Complete needs assessment of customers
- Participates in Annual Homeless Coalition Point in Time Survey
- Assist in the collection and distribution of items for the homeless (hygiene kits, blankets, etc.)
Education, Training and Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. An Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field is preferred. At least one year of experience working in the field is recommended. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to refer services from in-house resources and community resources
• Develop and maintain effective inter-agency working relationships
• Maintain knowledge of community programs and organizations
• Knowledge of underlying social and economic problems
• Manage and assist in the coordination of volunteers.
• Possession of a valid Florida driver’s license with an acceptable driving record and dependable transportation is required.
• This position requires a level 2 fingerprinting and pre-employment background screening.